‘Deepen your practice and discover the voice to lead and inspire’
Whether you desire to lead and teach others or simply seek a deeper connection to your practice, this 200 hr Yagoy Vinyasa Teacher Training will provide you with powerful tools to inspire yourself and others.
From day one we will guide you in deepening your practice and honing your skills to become a confident and empowering teacher. Becoming a source of inspiration begins with your own personal yoga practice. A foundation of discipline and focus on your yoga mat will provide you with the insight to break through the patterns that hold you back from being the best version of yourself. Be prepared to push your mental and physical boundaries through this journey.
The training will begin with a Master class led by teachers and speakers from various yogic traditions. In the mornings, we will begin with 1,5 hours of asana, pranayama, and meditation. You will observe your own practice and learn how to apply this to become an effective teacher. We will study alignment principles, functional anatomy, adjusting techniques, the art of creative and intelligent sequencing and effective cueing.
We will also discuss classic yoga philosophy and history and how it applies to our everyday lives.
You can access your registration package through the button at the bottom of this page. We have a set maximum of 26 attendants per training to assure personal attention and focus on quality. Since we have a waiting list for the trainings each year, we highly recommend you to send in your Registration Package as soon as you made up your mind so that there is a higher chance that we can guarantee you your spot. During the length of your Teacher Training a Sometimes Yagoy pass (10 classes within 3 months) is 70€ instead of 100€. You can buy this pass on the first day of your training at the desk.
We want you to be able to find out if you will feel at home at Yagoy, in the space, and also in the style of teaching taught in this TT, therefore we invite you to the free pre TT workshops where you can enjoy a 60 minute practice with Liisa and Anne, hear more about the training details and ask your questions. You can sign up for this workshop here or by sending an email to email@example.com . The location of the workshops is same as the trainings: Yagoy Pijp, Karel du Jardinstraat 33 BG.
See below the dates:
This Teacher Training is led by Liisa Russman and Anne Vida Ikeda. They are honoured and excited to guide you through this process. Also, several guest teachers with their own expertise will teach themed masterclasses over the course of the training.
Liisa came to yoga from stressful and demanding jobs, and before she knew it, found herself in yoga workshops, courses and trainings feeling more and more alive from these experiences and connections, than ever before. To Liisa it’s all about being free to be yourself and she is passionate about passing this feeling on to others using yoga as the vehicle for transformation; both physically and emotionally.
A strong believer and daily practitioner in not letting fears be bigger than dreams, she translates her life lessons into yoga classes. Her classes and teachings are a fusion of intelligent and playful sequencing, anatomical awareness and philosophical depth that takes students into their bodies, home to themselves. Liisa believes in continual growth and staying inspired as a teacher. She regularly trains with Tiffany Cruikshank, Kathryn Budig, Jason Crandell and Katy Appleton. She was trained in Sydney, Australia with Power Living and has since been passionately sharing her teachings in Sydney and Amsterdam.
Anne initially began practicing yoga to relieve stress and balance her hectic professional life back home in Montreal. She never imagined it would be the start of a journey that would impact every facet of her life. Anne has studied Vinyasa flow with the School of Sacred Arts in Bali. She as also studied Yin yoga with Tina Nance in Bali and Anat Geiger in Amsterdam. As a lifelong yoga student, she continues to study and to broaden her scope she is also trained in Ayurveda and yogic therapy with Sivananda yoga, as well as Thai yoga massage.
Inspired by Ayurveda & Traditional Chinese Medicine theories, and with a nourishing, calming and light-spirited touch, Anne leads students into practices that are genuine and empowering. Her aim is to create a supportive environment for people to explore their own bodies & minds and to discover a sense of liberation and creativity. In the exploration of yoga and meditation, Anne is convinced that accepting the challenges of life requires an open heart, flexibility of mind and keen awareness. With this approach, she shares her sessions as a journey to mindful living.
• Through intensive self practice you learn the foundational principles of alignment
• Learn how asana provides a solid framework for exploring the other limbs of yoga
• Get acquainted with the practice and benefits of breath control (pranayama)
• Learn the anatomy and physiology behind basic breathing techniques and their appropriate usage in the classroom
• Develop a deeper understanding of yourself and your connection to others through meditation
• Learn basic mindfullness (vipassana) and concentration-meditation techniques
• Experience and understand how vinyasa yokes the many of limbs of yoga together
• Practice, practice, practice!
• Learn functional anatomy in order to gain insight into how postures work in your body
• Deepen your understanding of how postures work in bodies other than your own
• Apply the principles of anatomy to prevent injuries in yourself and your students
• Learn how to work with existing injuries and other physical constraints
• Learn effective, conscientious, hands-on assisting techniques
• Develop the skill of reading bodies both physically and energetically
• Understand proper use of props and modifications
• Discover the history of yoga and its lineage
• Read and discuss the Bhagavad Gita
• Read and develop a deeper understanding of the Yoga Sutras of Pantanjali
• Study the eight-limbed path of yoga (astanga) and how it relates to daily life
• Explore the mythos behind the asanas we practice
• Learn to develop and use clear, intentional cueing
• The art of creative and intelligent sequencing
• Understand and strengthen your intuition for class structure and build-up
• Learn essential classroom management skills
• Find your voice, understand voice modulation, and build awareness of your presence in the classroom
• Learn to teach to all levels
• Discuss and debate the tenets of classroom etiquette and ethics
• Discuss the basics of the business of yoga
1) Pranayama and Mantras
2) Meditation: Styles and Techniques
3) Adjusting and Dynamics of Touch
4) Biomechanics and Energetics
5) Ayurveda: The Science of Life
6) Theming and Language
7) Pregnancy Yoga
8) Yin and Yang Principles and Meridian System
• Practical assignments
• Written assignments
• Teaching exam
In the final weekend there will be a written and practical exam. Additionally, full and active participation in all weekends is required. Please inform us in advance if you are not able to attend a weekend.
The leading teacher training manual is provided by us and is included in the price of the course. In addition to the manual, the following books are required:
All books can be ordered online (Amazon.com or bol.com)
19:00 | 21:30 Master Class
Saturdays and Sundays:
8:30 – 09:45 | Practice (meditation, pranayama, asana)
10:00 – 12:30 | Themed talks / theory (Topics: history of yoga, philosophy, anatomy, sequencing, alignment, adjustments, art of teaching, yoga ethics)
12:30 – 13:30 | Lunch break
13:30 – 17:00 | Posture clinic (families of postures, analysis of each posture, teaching techniques & practice)
(ten weekends spread over ten months in 2019 & 2020)
• September 27-28-29
• October 25-26-27
• November 22-23-24
• December 6-7-8
• January 17-18-19
• February 14-15-16
• March 13-14-15
• April 17-18-19
• May 8-9-10
• June 5-6-7
You should have a consistent, dedicated yoga practice and a strong desire to learn and explore the modern teachings of yoga. Within this Teacher Training you are required to practice vinyasa yoga at least once a week and at least once a month with Anne or Liisa. Expect to work hard, to explore your possibilities as a teacher, and come away with a deep awareness of who you are.
After graduating from this Teacher Training you are eligible for a Yoga Alliance RYT-200 (Registered Yoga Teacher who has finished a 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training with a Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga School (RYS)).